Quest: Part II

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Quest: Part II

Postby Richard G. Steele » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:54 am

After having finished "The Quest" I have realized that the "Quest" that Taita and Fenn go on does not start until the end of "The Quest".

This implys another sequal!

Here's my suggested plot line for Quest II:

After Fenn has her second eye opened in India (that's sooo gross!), they make their way back to Egypt. There, Taita and Fenn are able to 'see' the new home of the Fount. It lies far to the west, across the Great Sea. Taita assembles a fleet of ships capable of crossing the Great Sea and lands in America, circa 1600 BC.

After many adventures in America, they make their way to the Kingdom of the Aztecs and to their capital city on the lake. There, a large volcano smolders nearby. Taita and Fenn find the entrance to the Fount and Fenn becomes immortal. Taita becomes the mythical figure known as Queztalcoatl and travels far and wide throughout Central and South America, leaving many "white" decendants behind.

On the coast of Peru, they build another boat and set sail across the Pacific Ocean... end of Part II.

What do you think?
Richard G. Steele

Currently Reading: Quest

Re: Quest: Part II

Postby Nefer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:51 pm

:lol:

Let's just say I'm speechless....
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby aegyptus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm

An excellent idea for a sequel. I express no suprise that Taita could travel that far.
aegyptus

Currently Reading: The Quest

Postby Galahad » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:16 am

I like it, i really do, only problem being that I think it would be hard for Wilbur to take them that far from his beloved Africa... and doubt Taita has intention on returning to Egypt after Fenns opening, perhaps they'll continue on foot to somewhere within Asia I would wager. Only other thing i would say is something a little more sinister in reguard to the Font, only one person being able to be imortal at the same time or some such... or else Nefer realises Taita has no intention of giving him the 'power', and so they are chased half way across the world by the entire egyptian army!!! Who knows? these are all just guesses, or else either Taita or Fenn become seduced by the lie...and become the others arch nemesis!
Galahad

Currently Reading: A Falcon Flies

Postby Dallasdude » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:01 pm

I just finished the Quest and I see the sequel going this way. The first half quarter is finding the Font for Fenn and then a quick jaunt through time from the Roman Empire to present day where they are still alive having adventures. Maybe a rematch with Eos after she reconstitutes herself and they reengage in present day. Just a thought.
Dallasdude

Currently Reading: Quest

Postby jcutburth » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm

:D I loved Quest for its fantasy, elegant erotica and implied promise of ever lasting life! Taita finding the Font for Fenn enabling us to follow them through four-thousand years of adventure to present day Africa where they join the beautiful half-English, half-Egyptian Royan and archaeologist Nicholas Quenton-Harper in an evolution of the Seventh Scroll and beyond...

When can we expect Quest II?
jcutburth

Currently Reading: The War Within

Postby Ramon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 am

Sure, and then Taita and Fenn can join Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd in "Back to the Future"...

No, I think it's better that our beloved Wilbur does what he's best at, 19th and 20th century adventure/history Africa. Preferably with the Courtneys.
Ramon
Member+
Member+

Postby jc.kreisy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:17 pm

I think Steele's idea of the sequel would be the most likely. However i dont think Taita would deceive Nefer and just leave him after letting Fern use the font. He would find a way where they can both use it or something would go terribly wrong and he would have to make a choice between the two. His true love or the son he never had.
jc.kreisy

Currently Reading: Seventh Scroll

Postby autumn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:26 am

i would really, really, want 2 know if wilbur smith is writing more 2 the story?!? which it seems no 1 knows!! and everybody is fantasizing( i know thats spelled wrong!! oh-well) about it and what will! happen! but in the end if it happens(and i hope so) that he writes more 2 the story that it will surpize us all on now it goes!!
autumn

Currently Reading: the quest

Postby johnmcgilvray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 am

WOW,GREAT IDEA MAN LETS HOPE WILBUR READS THESE FORUMS
johnmcgilvray

Currently Reading: THE QUEST

Return to The Egyptians