The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closure

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closure

Postby johnrogers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello Forum - Many of us are confused ( disappointed ) and bewildered by the fourth book in the series ( egyptian ).After the Magical mystery tour we were all on the Quest shocked us with Wilburs turning of the tide.Again praise to you Wilbur - you tried to give us what we wanted - but came up short of the mark.However the effort and the intent were not.After the reading of your first three books in the Egyptian series - I can never thank you enough - you transformed time - and gave me pleasures that are never forgotten and will respect you beyond time. Please write on more book for us - and let the mysteries of Ancient Egypt - and history - take us away oh Wilbur - John Rogers - Canadian FAN
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closure

Postby johnmcgilvray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:51 am

I DO SO HOPE WILBUR CARRIES ON THE EGYPTIAN SAGA.I WAS SAD TO THINK TAITA AND FENN RIDING INTO THE SUNSET,NEVER TO BE HEARD OF AGAIN.I MEAN HE HAS BEEN RENEWED SO THERE MUST BE AT LEAST ANOTHER ADVENTURE TO COME IF NOT MORE.SO PLEASE WILBUR,GIVE US MORE OF THE SAME.REGARDS FROM BONNIE SCOTLAND :lol:
johnmcgilvray

Currently Reading: THE QUEST

Re: The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closure

Postby johnrogers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:29 pm

TO JOHN MCGILVARY - Hi John my name is John. - I would love to read one more book to conclude the Egyptian series.I would like the 5th book ( if it was meant to be ) to be more like the first three books in the series.I really need some closure,but would prefer the historical overtone rather than the Magical Myster overtone in the uest.Well John hers to you and me and our mutual hopes for one more book in the Egyptian sagas.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Re: The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closur

Postby Matbow » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:29 am

johnrogers wrote:TO JOHN MCGILVARY - Hi John my name is John. - I would love to read one more book to conclude the Egyptian series.I would like the 5th book ( if it was meant to be ) to be more like the first three books in the series.I really need some closure,but would prefer the historical overtone rather than the Magical Myster overtone in the uest.Well John hers to you and me and our mutual hopes for one more book in the Egyptian sagas.

Well John, you actually got your wish!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: The Quest - Next Book - Conclusion - Redemption - Closur

Postby johnrogers » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Matbow wrote:
johnrogers wrote:TO JOHN MCGILVARY - Hi John my name is John. - I would love to read one more book to conclude the Egyptian series.I would like the 5th book ( if it was meant to be ) to be more like the first three books in the series.I really need some closure,but would prefer the historical overtone rather than the Magical Myster overtone in the uest.Well John hers to you and me and our mutual hopes for one more book in the Egyptian sagas.

Well John, you actually got your wish!

Yes I did and the outcome was much better than expected - it was hard to close the door after reading the Quest,it left me dangling in the wind and it left Taita standing in the desert - no conclusion just total confusion Fact is we were lucky to get a # 5 in the Egyptian series,very lucky.Desert God was at least tolerable with an ending that was a great improvent over the Quest.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to The Egyptians