Nearly New

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Nearly New

Postby jeffw » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi everyone,
My apologies; should have introduced myself ages ago. Been an avid WS fan since '84 and have read everything from When the Lion Feeds to Assegai. Lived most of my life close to the ruined city of Zimbabwe (ref. stone falcons etc). Mined gold, all be it on a small scale from an ancient working 10 miles west of the ruins and was very much into prospecting/exploring that region. Would love to discuss with anyone interested as the link to WS novels is obvious. Write Africa stuff myself and have already posted with 'Other Authors' under 'New Writer'. Guess I jumped the gun; should have come in through the front door and said 'HI' first.
My best regards; would really love to talk ancient ruins and gold mines, especially those linked to WS adventures.
jeffw
jeffw

Re: Nearly New

Postby Nefer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Do you have pictures of the ruins?

My family went there when I was 6 or 7; the memories still live with me :) Unfortunately the pictures are all of myself with my 7 year old's pott belly - no sweeping pictures of the ruins themselves...

How lucky that you lived so close! My Dad was a doctor in Bulawayo in the 80's so my childhood is permeated with memories of that fair city :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Re: Nearly New

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi,
Can always dig up some pictures. Were you born in Bulawayo? The Matopos is one of my favourite places. Bulawayo was such a great place - wide streets and the sun always seemed to shine. Somewhat different now. :(
jeffw

Return to Introductions