Gary Jennins (The Aztec Series)

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Gary Jennins (The Aztec Series)

Postby Penitent » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:14 am

I have only read the first volume.

This book is second to none. Excellent historical fiction. The first half is slow, but after that moves at the speed of light. A little heavy on sex and violence, and very graphic, so not recommended for the lighthearted. The characterization and sense of place are almost the best I have ever seen in a book (yes, it rivals with WS).

I can't recommend it enough.
The Penitent
Penitent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm interested
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Gary Jennins (The Aztec Series)

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 am

I have read the Aztec Series but quite a few years ago.Very very good historical account of the daily life of the Aztec people there culture and of course there religion.However be prepared use an air sickness bag as your bookmark because this series is not for anyone with a weak stomach extreme descriptions of Aztec rituals at the altar on top of the temple.Definitely worthy to read as a series in fact the books still leave an impression on me ( they come back to haunt me if you know what I mean ) it is historical fiction ( not horror ) and in reality a very vivid but true account of what it was like back then so if you are interested in this timeframe in human history please read.

Aztec - ten out of ten :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Matbow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm still interested
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Matbow wrote:I'm still interested

Hey Matbow Penitent tells it like it is Gary Jennings is a rival to Wilbur Smith - Believe it for sure - http://www.garyjennings.net
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Gore? Hmm, sounds like a book for me!

Right after the new Auel and Margaret George and Jilly Cooper!

As a kid I was very interested in South American culture & history, so I'm excited to get started :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:47 am

Nefer wrote:Gore? Hmm, sounds like a book for me!

Right after the new Auel and Margaret George and Jilly Cooper!

As a kid I was very interested in South American culture & history, so I'm excited to get started :)

Yes Nefer honest you have got to look in to Gary Jennings books - Aztec culture is very interesting for sure well it appeals to me but be well prepared for some shock and awe.

My wife passed a book along to me I think you would be interested in it is called - Water For Elephants and the author is Sara Gruen - please look into reading this for yourself I think it is up your alley for sure and my wife Kelly says it is one of the best storys she has ever read - and she has been a reader all of her life :lol: http://www.saragruen.com
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to Other Authors