Getting Banned?

Forum and Website Announcements.

Getting Banned?

Postby Matbow » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am

All,

It's come to my attention that some users are being told by the forum that they are banned. Unless you're a spammer, you have not been banned and this message is being caused by a forum software error.

If you attempt to login and you get this message then try to log in again, it appears that you will be allowed in a second time.

Please also post in this thread (or send me a PM) so i can see how many people are being affected by this.

Thanks,

Matt
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Getting Banned?

Postby vincent » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am

Hello Matbow,
Yes,I am suffering with the "banned" problem. Navigating around the forum has also become difficult. Not sure why.
Regards,
Vincent.
vincent

Location: Howick, Natal Midlands,South Africa. Close to Ladyburg!!!!
Currently Reading: The white whirlwind

Postby johnrogers » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi Matbow - Point of intereset about BANNED message - have no problem here in my home in Comox Bc useing wi fi - Interesting I was in Victoria BC and tried to use my Iphone 4 useing a 3g connection and on that network I got the permantely banned message again - johnrogers
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Matbow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:54 pm

johnrogers wrote:Hi Matbow - Point of intereset about BANNED message - have no problem here in my home in Comox Bc useing wi fi - Interesting I was in Victoria BC and tried to use my Iphone 4 useing a 3g connection and on that network I got the permantely banned message again - johnrogers

There is definitely something funny going on; I do wonder if it has something to do with the browser you are using, or the connection, or IP address etc....

Website hits (but not unique visits) have dropped by 90%, but on the plus side SPAM posts have all but gone (I haven't seen one in 3 weeks).

I'm planning on upgrading the forum software soon, but I fear this will be a huge task and may result in the forum going down for a significant amount of time...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby E-Hoog » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:45 pm

I haven't noticed anything :-). Not being banned. And no more spam either, yay. If you're updating the forum, could you maybe make it so that when you click on a link it opens in a new tab? Nothing important really, and if anyone objects, that's fine, but this is something that always bugs me :-). Good luck with the upgrade in any case!
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby Nefer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:39 pm

What's been happening to me is that I can't find the site at all on my desktop computer, but it works fine on the laptop (same wifi hotspot).

Really really weird! I asked my bro to help me and he said something about routers loosing data... I have no idea myself, but am happy that the spammers have all but gone!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Matbow wrote:
johnrogers wrote:Hi Matbow - Point of intereset about BANNED message - have no problem here in my home in Comox Bc useing wi fi - Interesting I was in Victoria BC and tried to use my Iphone 4 useing a 3g connection and on that network I got the permantely banned message again - johnrogers

There is definitely something funny going on; I do wonder if it has something to do with the browser you are using, or the connection, or IP address etc....

Website hits (but not unique visits) have dropped by 90%, but on the plus side SPAM posts have all but gone (I haven't seen one in 3 weeks).

I'm planning on upgrading the forum software soon, but I fear this will be a huge task and may result in the forum going down for a significant amount of time...

[b7] Hey Matbow Happy Birthday ( I see your on the birthday scroll )
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!!!

Postby tedd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:28 am

Looks as if we are being invaded by Russians (although I think these are Georgians in this case) - these emails must be creating big nuisance problems for our moderators
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Forum Announcements