Introduction

New member? Feel free to introduce yourself...

Introduction

Postby 4man » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Everyone

My name is Norman Sander. I grew up in South Africa and my family has been there for many generations in Natal. I now live in Farnborough in the UK.
I have been a fan of Wilbur Smiths writing since 1967 when our English teacher at my high school Parktown boys high used to read us "When the Lion Feeds" as the book had been banned there by the Publications control board. I have all the books and have read and re read them many times.
I have always lived a life of adventure serving in the military (compulsory and later voluntarily), surfing, surf lifesaving, free and scuba diving and of course hunting. I have competed in many sports obtaining Provincial colours for Running, Combat Rifle Shooting, Surf Lifesaving and Swimming. I also represented South Africa at Surf Lifesaving where I attended two World Championships and Combat Rifle shooting where I competed against many countries including, UK, USA, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and a number of others over a period of 24 being awarded 109 Provincial and 9 International caps.
What Wilbur writes about is the Africa I know and love particularly the adventure and inherent danger around every corner.
You can check out my website if you like http://www.africaunlimitedtours.com
I look forward to chatting to whoever wants to make contact.
4man

Location: Farnborough, Hampshire, UK (6th generation South African)
Currently Reading: Assegai (3rd time)

Re: Introduction

Postby johnnyr » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Norman, Just joined this forum and you are the first person I clicked on. It seems you are in the business of tours and have a wonderful bio yourself. On my third novel and a great 'bucket list" of things to do is come to S.A. and u r the guy to see. will keep your info for when(next 2 yrs) we can get ahold of enough $ to meet you. (economy is for shit.) John Rashleigh New Mexico, USA
johnnyr

Currently Reading: when the lion feeds

Re: Introduction

Postby ponting » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:09 am

Hi i am ponting i completed my software engineering course thanks for taking time for sharing this forum, it was excellent and very informative it’s my first time that I visit here i found a lot of informative stuff in your forum continue your great work i am excited to read your new forum in future thanks...
Last edited by Nefer on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed spam link
ponting

Currently Reading: NUS LION

Return to Introductions