Who Will Win The Stanley Cup ?

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Who Will Win The Stanley Cup ?

Postby johnrogers » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Go Vancouver Canucks - I am a hockey fan and have watched almost all of the nhl games this year.

I think the series will go the full 7 games and I do think the Vancouver Canucks will win by 2 goals in game 7.

This is great hockey to watch - Hey Matbow are you cheering for the Vancouver Canucks ( har har ) - I know Nefer is - GO CANUCKS - beat those BOSTON BRUINS and keep the cup where it belongs in Canada :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Who Will Win The Stanley Cup ?

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 am

Haha, seems like I'm missing out on something :wink:
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 am

E-Hoog wrote:Haha, seems like I'm missing out on something :wink:

Hi E-Hoog

NHL hockey in North America is equal to soccer in Europe.Right now we are at the end of the hockey season where it is down to two teams The Vancouver Canucks who reign right here in British Columbia they are playing The Boston Bruins.There are 7 indidual hockey games in the series the winner is the team who wins 4 games out of the series.

You should see it here E-Hoog the city of Vancouver is going nut"s for there team to win.We have played three games in the series so far Vancouver has won two and Boston has won one game.Tonight is game four being played at 5 pm tonight the game will be in Boston tonight and game 5 is on Friday being played at Rogers areana in Vancouver.

The trophy for the Stanley Cup which is presented to the winning team is like the HOLY GRAIL of our country.Canadians are hockey fanatics you should be here to see the excitement.You have to be Canadian to understand the sport of Canada - again similar to the madness that exsists in the rest of the world for soccer.

Hey E-Hoog if I ever meet up with you I will take you to see an NHL hockey game in Vancouver so you can see what our national sport is all about.I poked Matbow because I know he lives around the Boston area in the USA so no doubt he will be rooting fot his hometeam The Boston Bruins to win.Nefer lives in Vancouver BC so she will be cheering for The Vancouver Canucks

GO CANUCKS - bring on the Stanley Cup
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Matbow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm

johnrogers wrote:Go Vancouver Canucks - I am a hockey fan and have watched almost all of the nhl games this year.

I think the series will go the full 7 games and I do think the Vancouver Canucks will win by 2 goals in game 7.

This is great hockey to watch - Hey Matbow are you cheering for the Vancouver Canucks ( har har ) - I know Nefer is - GO CANUCKS - beat those BOSTON BRUINS and keep the cup where it belongs in Canada :lol:

I can see the TD Garden (where the bruins play) from my office window! That being said, I'm not from Boston (or the USA for that matter) so I only really have a passing interest in whether Boston win. I will probably watch the game tonight tho and hope for another Boston walkover!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm

It is going nuts in the city!

I'm not a HUGE hockey fan - I'll usually start watching around the 2nd or third period - that's when it gets exciting!

I didn't even watch the 3rd game - how in holy hell can Lungo be the country's gold medal winning goalie and let in EIGHT goals!? shakes head

I plan to get home early - traffic on the bridges starts building at 230 and its terrible trying to get home (I don't live downtown but I take the same route). Here's hopping the 'Nucks win tonight - that way they can bring the Cup home!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Matbow wrote:
johnrogers wrote:Go Vancouver Canucks - I am a hockey fan and have watched almost all of the nhl games this year.

I can see the TD Garden (where the bruins play) from my office window! That being said, I'm not from Boston (or the USA for that matter) so I only really have a passing interest in whether Boston win. I will probably watch the game tonight tho and hope for another Boston walkover!

Matbow - beware I agree the Canucks played a bad game but that is all - Keep your eye on the puck Matbow because I give you my word it will be heading in to the Boston net - The Canucks are going to take the Stanley Cup home where it belongs - I do believe you will see the series go the full seven games - I even predict a win for Boston tonight - final score 3 to 2.Game 5 will be in Vancouver on Friday .

GO VANCOUVER THE CANUCKS WILL WIN THE SERIES :lol:
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Nefer wrote:It is going nuts in the city!

I'm not a HUGE hockey fan - I'll usually start watching around the 2nd or third period - that's when it gets exciting!

I didn't even watch the 3rd game - how in holy hell can Lungo be the country's gold medal winning goalie and let in EIGHT goals!? shakes head

I plan to get home early - traffic on the bridges starts building at 230 and its terrible trying to get home (I don't live downtown but I take the same route). Here's hopping the 'Nucks win tonight - that way they can bring the Cup home!

Hi Nefer

I am very excited about game time tonight - I agree the last game was a shamble but that is classic Vancouver Canuck style - I do believe the series will go a full 7 games and remember game 5 is on Friday night at Rogers arena - Vancouver is going nuts but so is every other town in BC.Read what Matbow posted on this thread ( har har ) the poor man actually thinks the Boston Bruins are going to win the cup - have you ever heard anything as funny as that - he has quite a sense of humour ( hardy har )

Comox hockey fan - GO CANUCKS
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby E-Hoog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am

johnrogers wrote:NHL hockey in North America is equal to soccer in Europe.Right now we are at the end of the hockey season where it is down to two teams The Vancouver Canucks who reign right here in British Columbia they are playing The Boston Bruins.There are 7 indidual hockey games in the series the winner is the team who wins 4 games out of the series.

You should see it here E-Hoog the city of Vancouver is going nut"s for there team to win.We have played three games in the series so far Vancouver has won two and Boston has won one game.Tonight is game four being played at 5 pm tonight the game will be in Boston tonight and game 5 is on Friday being played at Rogers areana in Vancouver.

The trophy for the Stanley Cup which is presented to the winning team is like the HOLY GRAIL of our country.Canadians are hockey fanatics you should be here to see the excitement.You have to be Canadian to understand the sport of Canada - again similar to the madness that exsists in the rest of the world for soccer.

Hey E-Hoog if I ever meet up with you I will take you to see an NHL hockey game in Vancouver so you can see what our national sport is all about.I poked Matbow because I know he lives around the Boston area in the USA so no doubt he will be rooting fot his hometeam The Boston Bruins to win.Nefer lives in Vancouver BC so she will be cheering for The Vancouver Canucks

GO CANUCKS - bring on the Stanley Cup

Thanks for the info. I can imagine the thrill of it if it's anything compared to what we feel when our national team is playing football in a world/eurocup. (I'm sorry, but soccer is a word invented by americans who seem to think football is an appropriate name for a game consisting largely of running around with a misshapen ball :wink:.) I still hurt, physically hurt, from last year when our team lost the world cup final in South Africa.

I wish you a lot of fun with the remaining three games :-). I wanted to say something here about the score of the last game, but that is probably a spoiler, right?

By the way, I', coming to america for a month in September 2012. I have no idea about the time-line of the sports seasons, but I'm planning to catch at least one game of some sport. Who knows, it might be hockey :-).

@Nefer, I know what you mean by a city going nuts. It cannot be adequatly explained, but you can just feel it in the air. And when your team wins, all of a sudden everybody is your friend :-)
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby johnrogers » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi E-Hoog

You hit the nail on the head - the NHL is exactly same as what you go thru when a national team is playing football in a world/eurocup.Thanks for not mentioning the score - there are three more games left in the series at four games played both the Vancouver Canucks and the Boston Bruins have the series tied up at two games apiece.Game 5 is friday ( tomorrow ) the Vancouver Canucks will be playing on there home ice in Vancouver the last two games have been played in Boston.I am certain you understand how crazy sports fans are you would be amazed to see all the fanatics out there going crazy for the Canucks - and the same goes for the Boston fans - Cucu birds E-Hoog - you have to see it to believe it.

[b7] you have to read Shogun by james clavell - equal to WS - takes place in the 1600s - japan
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby E-Hoog » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:18 am

What I was wondering though: why the long drawn-out system of 7 matches? Why not just one final game?

And yes, after reading the comments about Clavell from you guys and my father (who originally recommended them to me) I will definately start reading Shogun. First have to finish the third Goodkind though. Maybe I will be able to stop the streak, but then again, maybe not :wink:. Have fun watching tonight!
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 am

E-Hoog wrote:What I was wondering though: why the long drawn-out system of 7 matches? Why not just one final game?

$$$ and distance (between teams in the league) would be my guess.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby chookie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm

T o me ice hockey is as interesting as playing marbles in the snow on a sunday morning.
chookie

Currently Reading: In between books.

Postby Nefer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm

I missed last night's game - went to watch X-Men First Class, which was great! My Mum texted us the score - I'm glad we won!

Hope we can pull it off again - the way people are going on it's like we've already won!

Chookie - you may want to add a bit of gratuitous violence to that marbles-in-the-snow game you're playing :lol:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:11 am

Nefer

It is to bad you missed the Friday night game Nefertiti whatever you do make sure to watch game 6 on Monday .Honest Nefer I can barely sleep thinking about the next game
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 am

Hey Matbow

Did you notice who won the hockey game on Friday night ( har har )
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi E-Hoog

Tomorrow ( monday 5 pm pacific standard time ) game 6 in the series will be played in Boston.Game 5 was on Friday and the Vancouver Canucks won it final score was 1 to nothing at the end of the third period.There are only 2 more games left in the series - right now it is 3 games won by the Vancouver Canucks and 2 games won by the Boston Bruins.The Vancouver Canucks need only to win 1 more game to win the series so if they win tomorrow night they will be the Stanley Cup champions and the series will be over.Now if the Boston Bruins win tomorrow night then the series will go to game 7 and that game will be played in Vancouver at Rogers arena on Wed night next week.

So as it sits - the Canucks need only one more win to win the Stanley Cup - I am counting the seconds down to watch game 6 in Boston tomorrow ( I can barely sleep I am so tuned up about it )

I do have a prediction about the game tomorrow - I think Boston will win it as they are playing a sudden death match as well they are playing on home ice - I do think the series will go to game 7
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby johnrogers » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm

The Stanley Cup final - game 7 starts in 2 hours and 20 minutes - The Vancouver Canucks play the Boston Bruins
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby tedd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:23 pm

So the Bruins must have won then!!! I'm not a follower of Icehockey so you'll have to 'bear' with me!! Sorry!!
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Yup, and so called "fans" have done this... Raging Fans

I wasn't upset about us loosing... But I am upset at the terrible few who have turned our beautiful city into their stage for rage. Disgusted.

BTW Have fun at the Parade Matt!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby tedd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:01 am

That's terrible Nefer - it's not a reaction to the loss because they probably would have done something similar if the Canucks had won!!
Let's hope our 'do-gooder' crowd will get to realise that the way we are treating our rat-bags and vandals is not working and never will. Six cuts of the cane on the bare backside will immediately resolve 80% of this type of problem and the 20% that do not learn WILL learn when they get a DOZEN whacks the next time. My commiserations - we are not free of this type of behaviour in Oz.
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Next

Return to General Discussion Forum