Robert E. Lee Hyde - Enemies Of Their Own Blood

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

Robert E. Lee Hyde - Enemies Of Their Own Blood

Postby johnrogers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:52 pm

I have just downloaded a new publication from Amazon.com.The book is named Enemies Of Their Own Blood written and published from one of our very own forum members.I have not read the book but very much look forward to it.The e book version of the book is $2.99 and I encourage all forum members to have a look at it.

Description of book as posted on Amazon

Enemies Of Their Own Blood is a sweeping novel of historical fiction that follows Burton Allinder through his final battle in the Civil war that has pitted state against state,brother against brother,turning them into enemies of their own blood.Burton was conscripted into the Confederate Army against his wishes,and forced to fight in countless battles in,Missouri,Tennesse,and Arkansas.He is severley wounded in the Battle of Prarie Grove and he is sent home to recuperate in his hometown of Fort Smith.Now completely disillusioned,he fights to get out of the South and leave the bloody and senseless war.He survives the rigors and dangers of traveling across Mexico and makes his way into the newly-created Territory of Arizona,arriving by steamboat up the Sea of Cortez,and then up the Colorado River on a river steamer as far as Fort Yuma.He reaches the new Territory in the spring of 1864,and finds he blends in with the hardy and independent men who are already fighting to stay alive in this violent land.He quickly stakes out his claiming this rugged desert land and hangs on despite staggering odds,finally finding peace and prosperity.Burton Allinder is a composite of several pioneers of the early-day Arizona,who were able to leave their old lives behind and create new lives in this dangerous and demanding land.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Robert E. Lee Hyde - Enemies Of Their Own Blood

Postby E-Hoog » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 am

E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Re: Robert E. Lee Hyde - Enemies Of Their Own Blood

Postby bayside » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:12 pm

My sincere thanks to both you fine gentlemen. Writing a book is a humbling experience, having someone read it is even moreso.
bayside

Currently Reading: Selects works of Graham Greene

Return to Other Authors