Any one Addicted to playing Angry Birds

Discussion about anything! Films, music, sport etc...

Any one Addicted to playing Angry Birds

Postby johnrogers » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 pm

My wife bought me a new Iphone 4 a few months ago.I discovered the game Angry Birds and I can't quit playing it I have all three games on my Iphone and it is a terrible addiction.Wish I never got the phone it is cutting in to my reading time in a big way.My latest compulsion is to get three stars on every level.Sorry about such a lame post on a book readers forum but I was wondering if anyone out there shares this addiction with me

Addicted to Angry Birds :shock:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Re: Any one Addicted to playing Angry Birds

Postby Matbow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm

johnrogers wrote:My wife bought me a new Iphone 4 a few months ago.I discovered the game Angry Birds and I can't quit playing it I have all three games on my Iphone and it is a terrible addiction.Wish I never got the phone it is cutting in to my reading time in a big way.My latest compulsion is to get three stars on every level.Sorry about such a lame post on a book readers forum but I was wondering if anyone out there shares this addiction with me

Haha! I have an iPhone, but I have resisted the temptation to download this game for fear of becoming obsessed!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby johnrogers » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Matbow wrote:
johnrogers wrote:My wife bought me a new Iphone 4 a few months ago.I discovered the game Angry Birds and I can't quit playing it I have all three games on my Iphone and it is a terrible addiction.Wish I never got the phone it is cutting in to my reading time in a big way.My latest compulsion is to get three stars on every level.Sorry about such a lame post on a book readers forum but I was wondering if anyone out there shares this addiction with me

Haha! I have an iPhone, but I have resisted the temptation to download this game for fear of becoming obsessed!

I would be more than happy to give you 99 cents to buy it ( har har ) Matt download Angry Birds all three issues your life will never be the same :lol:
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby E-Hoog » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 am

Haha, I have Angry Birds too, but after a few months I'm not as addicted anymore as the first few weeks. Try finding all the golden eggs too :wink:
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby annagram » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 am

My husband is and the sound effects drive me crazy ---- of course, that is just a short putt rather than a long drive according to him :D
annagram

Currently Reading: The winner by David baldacci

Postby Ada » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 pm

:lol: , yep, I'm addicted. Don't have it on my phone though. The PC disc was one of my Christmas presents and I've been playing it ever since. I've even joined a forum which also has leaderboards which give average scores which are higher than the 3 star requirements and I keep playing each level until I beat the average score before I'll post my score. I only have the original game so far but if the addiction lasts, I'll also buy Seasons, Rio and the new Space.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby johnrogers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am

I finish each Angry Birds session with the intent of getting three stars per level.Sometimes it takes me days to get three stars but usually manage to get them,as well if I am really stumped on a level to get three stars will go to the walkthru site to show me what I am doing wrong,but only as a last resort.

I really suggest you download the Angry Bird games Rio,Seasons,and Space on to your Iphone,well worth it,very handy,and you can pass the time during tv commercials playing Angry Birds sitting on your living room couch.I have downloaded Space on my Iphone but have not tried it out yet,still working on my three stars per level,with Rio and Seasons.

See you all at The Angry Birds rehab centre someday - fellow addict
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby bayside » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 pm

AT LAST.......THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED. NO MATTER WHERE WE GO WE SEE PEOPLE WITH THEIR NOSES BURIED IN THEIR ELECTORNIC DEVICES. I FINALLY MADE A RULE THAT NONE OF MY FOUR GROWN DAUGHTERS, THEIR HUSBANDS, NOR THEIR CHILDREN COULD VISIT US AND SIT FOR HOURS LOOKING AT THE SCREEN OF A HAND HELD DEVICE -- OLD FASHIONED, PERHAPS, BUT THEY WERE GIVING ME AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX. MAY THE GREAT SPIRIT OF THE UNIVERSE HAVE MERCY ON YOUR ADDICTED SOULS.
bayside

Currently Reading: Selects works of Graham Greene

Postby johnrogers » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

bayside wrote:AT LAST.......THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED. NO MATTER WHERE WE GO WE SEE PEOPLE WITH THEIR NOSES BURIED IN THEIR ELECTORNIC DEVICES. I FINALLY MADE A RULE THAT NONE OF MY FOUR GROWN DAUGHTERS, THEIR HUSBANDS, NOR THEIR CHILDREN COULD VISIT US AND SIT FOR HOURS LOOKING AT THE SCREEN OF A HAND HELD DEVICE -- OLD FASHIONED, PERHAPS, BUT THEY WERE GIVING ME AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX. MAY THE GREAT SPIRIT OF THE UNIVERSE HAVE MERCY ON YOUR ADDICTED SOULS.

Bayside you are so correct in your statement.Electronic devices can easily take over in ones household.I notice it very clearly at my house when all the family is together,they all have Iphones and there are times with all the family together,there are 5 Iphones in everyones palm,the conversation ends and they are all paying 100% attention to there smartphones and not one another.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby Nefer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm

bayside wrote:MAY THE GREAT SPIRIT OF THE UNIVERSE HAVE MERCY ON YOUR ADDICTED SOULS.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That needs to be on a bumper sticker!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby tedd » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 am

Congratulations Bayside on the positive steps you have taken to teach members of your family some good manners and respect for others - if they persist give them a good kick up the backside!!
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby bayside » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 pm

WOOOOOPS, now I'm feeling ashamed for poking a jibe at our old friend, John. I'm sure he posted his dilemma in good faith, trusting us to give him intelligent, compassionate feedback -- and look what he got!
bayside

Postby johnrogers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:52 am

bayside wrote:WOOOOOPS, now I'm feeling ashamed for poking a jibe at our old friend, John. I'm sure he posted his dilemma in good faith, trusting us to give him intelligent, compassionate feedback -- and look what he got!

Here Is What John Got

#1 - 3 stars on each level of Angry Birds
#2 - hours of mindless entertainment
#3 - an $85.00 a month Iphone bill
#4 - one wife,three children,and two grandsons
#5 - lots of good friends at www.blurbal.com

[b7] However the subject is compelling - the effects of electronics on the human race,it has changed the lives of every human being on the planet earth.The question I always ask myself is what will life be like in the next 50 years - so much has transpired in the last 50 years.
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Postby bayside » Tue May 15, 2012 5:03 pm

I thought of our Canadian friend, John R. last night when watching a mindless bit of TV reporting showing people who walk on city streets and send/read text messages. One woman stumbled into a water fountain and another into a post. Surely, John, you do not go to those extremes?

Unrelated subject: I am re-reading Graham Greene's "The Human Factor", written in 1974; the subject matter of which was the communist influence in South Africa and Mozambique, stirring up trouble between Blacks and Whites. Like our friend, WS, all of Greene's books are worth a second read. Another new writer of note is Daniel Silva, who writes about the current corrupt and inept administration in the US , as it stumblingly tries to relate to the violent Muslim world.
bayside

Postby johnrogers » Fri May 18, 2012 9:25 am

bayside wrote:I thought of our Canadian friend, John R. last night when watching a mindless bit of TV reporting showing people who walk on city streets and send/read text messages. One woman stumbled into a water fountain and another into a post. Surely, John, you do not go to those extremes?

Unrelated subject: I am re-reading Graham Greene's "The Human Factor", written in 1974; the subject matter of which was the communist influence in South Africa and Mozambique, stirring up trouble between Blacks and Whites. Like our friend, WS, all of Greene's books are worth a second read. Another new writer of note is Daniel Silva, who writes about the current corrupt and inept administration in the US , as it stumblingly tries to relate to the violent Muslim world.

Do not worry Bayside - so far I have managed to avoid walking in to telephone poles and falling in fountains - keep your finges crossed that nothing happens to me while carrying my smartphone ( har har :lol: ) - all my best to you Bayside
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Return to General Discussion Forum