Desert God- Taita's eunuch status

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

Desert God- Taita's eunuch status

Postby Mark@N&E » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:51 am

Can anyone explain the following: In “The Quest” Taita regains his manhood, then in “Desert God” he is a eunuch.
Mark@N&E

Currently Reading: Desert God

Re: Desert God- Taita's eunuch status

Postby jeffw » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 am

Gods do these things :? ; fairy stories - have given up trying to work out from which angle the author is coming from?
jeffw

Postby tedd » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Yes Jeff - there have been other hiccups mentioned in this site about disappearing wives and cousins and children: I seem to recall name changes (Courtney!!) without reason - but it is fiction after all! Incidentally I think I might have missed something - who is the Desert God? Is it Taita? He's hardly a god.
How's things going with your new book Jeff? getting there? Be out in time for Xmas? All the best with it.
A note for the moderator - I think this subject "Taita's eunuch status" should be transferred into the" Desert God" niche or we'll be losing track of the submissions.
tedd
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby jeffw » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:45 am

Hi Tedd - you keeping well old friend? Next book will be out this coming summer; bit of an epic, can't help my love for Africa's colonial era! Will put it out for pre-order soon as poss. Think you will really enjoy this one; the story, the characters, everything, I love it. Not being narcissistic, but really enjoying the journey. Over 500 pages when finished; three quarters through at the mo. ps. have you seen the slating WS has received from his children on his Facebook page? Quite disturbing.
Stay in touch, value your chatting.
God Bless old timer. Jeff
jeffw

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:42 am

Mark@N&E wrote:Can anyone explain the following: In “The Quest” Taita regains his manhood, then in “Desert God” he is a eunuch.

I haven't read the new novel yet, but it's not a sequel to The Quest, but to River God, so in Desert God he should still be a eunuch
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby johnrogers » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Mark@N&E wrote:Can anyone explain the following: In “The Quest” Taita regains his manhood, then in “Desert God” he is a eunuch.

Howdy Mark - There is a post in the Egyptian portion titled Taita's development re wisdom and magic,read it over,it won't answer your question but interesting anyway's.
Learn to appreciate what you have and quit worrying about what you don't - Remember to think before you speak,people judge you by what you say about others
johnrogers
Crazy Canuck
Crazy Canuck

Currently Reading: Raven:Blood Eye giles kristian

Postby Matbow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm

E-Hoog wrote:I haven't read the new novel yet, but it's not a sequel to The Quest, but to River God, so in Desert God he should still be a eunuch

That's what I thought too.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Captain Reactionary » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Warlock and The Quest are both set many years after River God. Desert God is set immediately after it. You might also ask yourself why Pharaoh Tamose is on the throne of Egypt when he died in Warlock. Chronologically the books in the Egypt series go....
1/ River God
2/ Desert God
3/ Warlock
4/ The Quest
5/The Seventh Scroll

Their order of writing was....

1/ River God
2/ The Seventh Scroll
3/ Warlock
4/ The Quest
5/ Desert God
Captain Reactionary