"Country" Music

"Country" Music

Postby Matbow » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:04 pm

Can anyone out there recommend some country music/bands to listen to? Maybe one that does acoustic stuff?

This isn't a genre of music I've ever really listened too, but I like acoustic sets and would think I might like this sort of music if I gave it a chance.

Any ideas?!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Matbow » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:21 pm

or soul music?
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:59 pm

I may be a music lover, but country lover doesn't factor into that equation...

HOWEVER, try Keith Urban. I think he sounds okay when he performs live, and Shania Twain is just awesome. I like her :) There's a band called Train, I think they're country, and Big Rich have a song called Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - makes me laugh everytime!

And soul music.... I don't even know what that genre sounds like...
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Yakumo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:11 pm

Try Dolly Parton :shock:
Yakumo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Monsoon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Yakumo wrote:Try Dolly Parton :shock:

He'd like to! :wink:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:00 pm

Well...I've sampled a few of the songs this genre has to offer and I can definately say that country aint for me! That Keith Urban dude sounds OK and I'de already heard of and listened too Shania and Train. I guess all I'm looking for is some "proper" acoustic music...

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:37 pm

LoL, now define 'proper acoustic'!

I know you'll all be laughing when you read this... but Matt, I HAVE to recommend "Jason Mraz Live at the Eagles Ballroom", and this link: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-deta ... p?id=15099 It's a live concert of an acoustic show that Jason Mraz played (I was @ the show) & it's the most brilliant one I've been to, hands down. It's a job to convert the files, but just try a few of the trax, and you'll hear what I mean ;)

In fact, you should all go listen to the live concert!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 am

I`ll have a go

Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:27 am

Yay!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:30 am

listen to Johnny Cash and forget the voice 8)
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Return to Music