The Seventh Scroll - the mini series.

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

The Seventh Scroll - the mini series.

Postby Matbow » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:44 pm

Just found this on ebay.

Any one seen it?
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby John R » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:47 am

Nope i've never seen it. Does anyone know if it's taken from the book or is it just a coincidence?
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Monsoon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:16 am

It is the book we know. Made in '99 as a mini series with Jeff Fahey as Nick, and even Art Malik is in it.
I hope you don't all bid against each other!!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:20 am

Definately taken from the book...from the blurb it appears the plot takes bits from Rivergod and Seventh Scroll and makes some drastic changes to them.:shock: The character names are the same tho.

I've found a review that said the acting was apalling.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Nefer » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:50 pm

Who gives a bleep about the acting, I wonder if my library has it!!

I'm too short of $$ to actually bid... Will someone here give it a shot?

ETA: I placed a request for it with the library, as the DVD isn't available in Canada... I checked with amazon, and if they don't have it, no-one will! Hope the library approves it!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Where to find Seventh Scroll mini Series?

Postby Amefika El-Amin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:19 am

HEllo everyone ! i'm new to the forum , but not to W.S. Novels. Does anyone know how to actaully ask questions on his website I went to the "you asked section but only saw previously posted questions. Hit me back and let me know. I can't wait for the Quest!
The Story must be Told!
Amefika El-Amin

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:54 am

I saw what the mini-series is about- and it is totally weird. Like about this kid Hapi they adopt or something and he is like the child of Lostris and Tanus or something. Hmmm? Weird as!
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:11 am

Hi Amefika El-Amin!

It's posted in "The Quest" sub forum. But just go to his official site and click on contact link and while subscribing you can write him a note!

Hope that helps!

~*Bee*~
Bee
Founder Member

Postby mojo_dragone » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:19 pm

I just finished the book for the third time and this is the first time i've heard of this! I dont care how the acting is, does anyone know if there is an NTSC version out?
mojo_dragone

Postby Bee » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey mojo_dragone! Welcome to the Forum!

I'll leave it up to someone else to answer your question since I don't know much about it.
Bee
Founder Member

Re: The Seventh Scroll - the mini series.

Postby EnockNamun » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:25 am

I see that this is an old post, but I'm going to reply anyway.
This mini-series was a joke, in my opinion. It was as corny as "The Curse of King Tuts Tomb" with Casper Van Dean.

My question is:
How likely do all of you WS fans think it may be that there could ever possibly be a full-length movie adaptation of RG? I've thought about it so many times during the past few years that I've read this book time and time again.
I think it would be incredible -- even if it were somewhat B-rated. But how awesome would it be if someone like Roland Emerich were to direct it? After all, he did an excellent job with Stargate, and is in pre-production for a movie about Tutankhamon, which will be based on Professor Bob Brier's book. Although, within this past year, we've discovered that the spot on King Tuts head is not a hole in his skull, but it's actually a glob of embalming resin. Now we believe that he died from an infection of the knee -- so the "murderous" story behind bob briers book may not apply to the movie. We'll see at the end of 2008, hopefully.
EnockNamun

Currently Reading: River God, again

Postby Nefer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 am

bump!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby reccemerc » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 am

I managed to buy this mini-series online some time ago, English language with Dutch subtitles. Not a masterpiece but I try to gather all screen adaptations of Wilbur's work.
reccemerc

Currently Reading: Task Force Helmand

Return to The Egyptians