New Music We Must All Listen To!

New Music We Must All Listen To!

Postby Nefer » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:26 am

I heard this song on the radio, and now I want everyone to listen to it! :D

Its called The Grace by Neverending White Lights. Never heard of these dudes before, but they are amazing!

Also, download Our Lady Peace's new song is awesome, but I forget the name of it now... I'll edit to add it in later. They're a Canadian rock band, dunno if they're big outside our country. ETA: The song is called Angels Loosing Sleep!

If anyone else wants to promote their fav bands, or any other up and comers, let us know! I love listening to new music from around the world, and I know we're some what diverse on the board, so post away!

ETA again Wrong band name, lol.

Also thought I'd mention Steadman, they're a great British band, and Artic Monkeys... Mat told me about them... Not so bad!

I'd love to hear what y'all think of my recommendations ;)[/i]
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:00 pm

JCB by Nizlopi is my personal favourite atm. It's got one hit wonder written all over it but it's still a nice song, and has a nice story behind it.
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Matbow » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:51 pm

Is it just me that can't stop humming Ashlee Simpson's "Boyfriend"?
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Erm.. yes, you most definately are!

Although I am sufficiently embarrased to admit that the L.O.V.E song is good - because it's so over-produced you can't actually hear her singing it.... lol... That was cruel but I really can't stand her!

So I'm gonna bang Jason Mraz's drum again for you English boys, because the new Mr. A-Z is out, and he's touring in your neck of the woods, AND most of the dates are sold out. There is one Sheffield date ;), and tix for that go on sale Feb 10th!

I highly recommend you go, everyone I've ever dragged with me to a show (including my sister) has come away LOVING the show & the music. AND since he's not that big of a name tix should be cheep - they're around $20-$30Cdn.

Okay that's over! Who're Nizlopi, Matt? What kinda music is it...? I'm tempted to gve them a try!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Nefer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:45 pm

Oh, and back to new bands... Mobile, who are a Montreal-based band. Their rock is very pop-flavoured, but I'm addicted to it!

Death Cab for Cutie are another indie band I just love - they're based out of Seattle, USA. It's hard to describe their music - it's very alt-rock, but not really.

The Arcade Fire are another Canadian band, from Montreal also, I believe. They have moments of genuis with some sogns, like Rebellion, Lies; Brazil and Power Out but overall, the music I have from them is very slow and sleepy.

If anyone likes John Mayer I just found out he's in a trio now, shockingly called The John Mayer Trio which is more of his live genuis on guitar & vocals. Good cd, worth the money :)

Happy listening all!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:29 am

must I, Miss Sophie?

:shock: :razz:
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:55 am

Yesh ju must! :mrgreen:

I got some more:

The Raconteurs (sp?) - Jack White's solo thing, apparently he's been touring the UK.

Sam Roberts - good Canadian rock, he's got a new cd coming out this Tuesday, with the world album premiere on @ http://www.cfox.com this Monday if anyone wants to listen! The Gate is an awesome new song!

I've 91 views here so I'm going to assume someone is reading!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Nefer wrote:Yesh ju must! :mrgreen:
Sam Roberts - good Canadian rock, he's got a new cd coming out this Tuesday, with the world album premiere on @ http://www.cfox.com this Monday if anyone wants to listen! The Gate is an awesome new song!
I've 91 views here so I'm going to assume someone is reading!

Roberts seems somewhat interesting. But reads this??? :roll:
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:53 pm

WSI wrote: But reads this??? :roll:

Not sure what you mean... as in forum members who read the thread? And yes Sam Roberts is very very interesting :)
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:55 am

Nefer wrote:
WSI wrote: But reads this??? :roll:

Not sure what you mean... as in forum members who read the thread? And yes Sam Roberts is very very interesting :)

it's wonderful to fool yourself with missing words ... it should have been: but who reads this (thread)? :?
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Nefer » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:12 am

well, lol, yeah, i kinda meant that... since i am posting in this thread! but i do tend to do most of my talking in my head - sorry for the ambiguouity!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby WSI » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:07 pm

Nefer wrote:but i do tend to do most of my talking in my head - sorry for the ambiguouity!

do u even discuss with yourself in the head? :shock: till now I only knew sex in the head ... 8)
WSI
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Matbow » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:36 pm

I've just got a "batch" of new music! I'm quite liking The Kooks...
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Nefer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:47 pm

i'm quite agreeing with you too :)

ETA to say that the "Pull Me In" demo track is effing bloody amazing! Why isn't all their music like this track?!?!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:39 pm

omg nefer, i just read the message on ehre that you like death cab!!!! i love death cab!!! so similar....we have almost the same name and everythng
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:46 am

You've heard of Death Cab in Oz?!?! No way! Now I feel ashamed for not knowing about them until a while ago... and they live across the border! :o

I love the coincidences though! GMTA!!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:28 am

i love death cab! i just got their new album 'plans' have you got it????
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Rivaan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:24 am

Fave band? I like HIM :D

Up and coming bands? They aren't too big yet although This Black Velvetine do have a record deal. These guys are my cousin's friends, although their music may not be.. appropriate :? So listen with caution. The song that plays on their site is called Cocaine. For a small band though, that I could meet if I wanted to, I think they are quite good.

http://www.tbvrocks.com/index.cfm
Rivaan

Postby Nefer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:01 pm

I'm too cheap to actually pay money for music (that & I have no money, lol). I do have other means though ;) Plans is a good cd!

Er, dude, you've lost me with the HIM reference... (Be warned, I often have blonde moments!)

I'll check out This Black Velvetine, Meren, & thanks for the warning! What do they play, rock, alternative...?
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Rivaan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:42 pm

Lol. By HIM, I refer to the band His Infernal Majesty, shortened to HIM. They do rock songs, about love. I think all of their songs are about love as far as I know, but that doesn't make them any less sappy =P I love their music!

The HIM official site, with one of their songs as the background music!

TBV are rock music or metal or something.

(decided not to color my posts anymore XP Too much work for one as lazy as me! Lol!)
Rivaan

Next

Return to Music