John Grisham

We're not just about Wilbur Smith!

John Grisham

Postby VMS » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:18 am

Anyone read John Grisham books? I've read almost all of them and he's become one of my favourite authors. Especially The Firm and Bleechers really caught me.

Any thoughts?
VMS

Postby Nefer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:22 am

Hmmm... I have a few of his books on my shelf, as my little sister is a big fan of "The Client" (as am I), but I tend to find his novels are carbon-copies of each other.

The characters are all the same people, and the bottom line is always the law sucks and there are many bad people out there who will abuse it. I've always read his books really fast, just so I can get to the end - !

The ones I remember the plot-line of are The Chamber... and another one about 3 judges in prsion.
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Matbow » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:52 pm

Like the films, never read the books.
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Bee » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:06 pm

I read the one called, I think, "The Lawyer" and I just remembered it not being incredibly fascinating.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Casedata » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 pm

I just finished Grishams book "A painted House". It is very different from all his other books. I found it kind of slow in several places but then I had just finished WS books When the lion feeds and Sound of Thunder.

I don't know if I will read any other Grisham books. I'm not a big lawyer fan.....in any sense of the word. :razz:
Debbie
Casedata

Postby Son of the Silver Fox » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:14 pm

Grisham, Grisham, Grisham...lets see, what do we have here?
oh yeah a lawyer/author who's heroes are .........
Lawyers :shock:
thanks for reminding me :razz: he is also responsible fpr "Skipping Christmas" which needs to be added to my list of the WORST books I have ever suffered thru.
"Ignorance doesn't suck for the ignorant they just don't know any better."
Son of the Silver Fox
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: All Things Must Figh

Re: John Grisham

Postby E-Hoog » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:41 am

Ahh, Skipping Christmas... how could I forget that one in my list of worst novels ever? Man, that was bad
E-Hoog
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: D-Day - Stephen Ambrose / Rage - Wilbur Smith

Postby delby » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:03 am

i think i read one of his The last juror or something i wasnt very impressed in fact i think i was mainly confused
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby Ballantyne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Love this guy. Have a whole bunch of his books. My favbourites have to be The Client (my fisrt and bought because of the movie) and The Chamber.
"She gabbled meaningless replies to her father's questions and tried to lead him towards the door, but it was like trying to divert a bull elephant from his set purpose. Inexorably, Sean bore down upon the discarded knickers and the canvas where Mark cowered.

At his next step, the silk wrapped itself around the toe of his boot. The material was so filmy and light that he did not notice it, and he limped on happily, one foot draped in an exotic piece of feminine underwear, while the two young people watched in abject terror the knickers' slow circuit of the room."
Ballantyne

Currently Reading: The Leopard Hunts In Darkness

Return to Other Authors