I have a copy of the Quest in my hot little hands!

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

I have a copy of the Quest in my hot little hands!

Postby Lotus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 am

It was only by accident that I walked past a big bookstore that I saw it... I didn't think it was going to be released here yet. (Angus & Robertson, hardcover $29.95 for the Aussies)

Very excited to have it though.

:D :D :D :D

I'll post my review by the weekend.
Lotus

Postby Monsoon » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 pm

Done and dusted by the weekend huh? Alright for some!
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby Matbow » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I guess the stores made an error with their stock, good for you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Bee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:57 pm

I'm excited to here about your review! :D

Can't believe you got your hands on a copy early! :shock:
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Ems » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:13 pm

You lucky person, its not coming out over here for another 2 weeks.
Ems

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:49 am

OMG I GOT IT TOO!!!!!!!!!! *dies of excitement*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!! Can you tell I'm excited?????
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Kate4Tanus » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:18 am

AHH I GOT IT TODAY TOO! (I totally got it before you Em! haha Sorry I couldn't help it)

But Mum won't let me read it until I've done my 3 assignments!!! *growls*
My brother hid it in his room!
Last edited by Kate4Tanus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Nefer » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 am

You both suck :razz:
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:48 am

:D We know
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby Ems » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:52 pm

I'm meeting Wilbur Smith next Saturday in Yeovil in Somerset (England) when I go and pick up my copy. Hopefully I will get it signed. I'll take my camera as well, I'm not sure if we are allowed to take photos though.
Ems

Postby Kate4Tanus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:26 am

that is so awesome! I am SO jealous! I'm sure it'll be awesome for ya!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Allira » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:56 am

Hi ya all I got the book today also at Angus & Robertson here in Australia, I too saw the book on sale as I just happened past the store...ok im off to do some reading, looks like a sleepless 24 hours or so for me *giggles*
xxxHugs from Down Underxxx
Allira
Allira

Postby Kate4Tanus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:11 am

awesome! another aussie! :D

Oh I am so jealous - I have my assignment to finish tonight - but I am SO reading tomorrow!!!

That's great that you got the book too!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Matbow » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Ems wrote:I'm meeting Wilbur Smith next Saturday in Yeovil in Somerset (England) when I go and pick up my copy. Hopefully I will get it signed. I'll take my camera as well, I'm not sure if we are allowed to take photos though.

Cool, make sure you take some photos and then you can post them in the album here!
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

I have a copy of The Quest.....

Postby Ada » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:21 am

I received my library copy last night. :D There are 504 pages & I've calculated I have to read at least 36 pages per day to finish it in time - I can do that - I think. (It's a "2 week loan" book until April 2008!)

^Lotus, you are a much faster reader than me - I couldn't have finished it in that time.

^Lucky you Ems - How did you learn of Wilbur's visit? It's not on his Web site (or wasn't when I last looked). It is rather strange that we've received it prior to his current 'home' country (UK)!

There's no mention of any visit to Australia yet. I don't watch much TV and we don't buy newspapers very often so I'm hoping one of our Aussie members will post something on this Forum if they read somewhere that he's visiting us.

Kate, have you finished your assignments yet? How frustrating that must be knowing the book is in the house! Also, have you got school holdidays yet? Victoria has 2 weeks from 1st to 15th April.

Nefie: I'm assuming since we've not heard from you for a couple of days that you're like me and madly reading it.

Last but not least, Allira (Welcome from me too) & I hope you are enjoying reading The Quest like I am. I'm only up to page 33 but it's "so for, so good". It has a much better beginning than The Triumph of the Sun.

I hope some one is going to set up a thread for The Quest reviews with an "out of 10 poll". I haven't done one before so would probably stuff it up & also haven't got time at present.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Postby Allira » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 am

Waves hey Ada,

An on page 68, and to be honest I found the start hard to get into but am into it more now, im thinking I need to go back a step and read warlock again. This one just doesnt feel as egyptian to me yet like River god and Warlock. Ermm there are lots & lots a blushy bits in this one too *blushin*
xxxHugs from Down Underxxx
Allira
Allira

Re: I have a copy of The Quest.....

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:42 am

Ada wrote:Kate, have you finished your assignments yet? How frustrating that must be knowing the book is in the house! Also, have you got school holdidays yet? Victoria has 2 weeks from 1st to 15th April.

FINALLY I HAVE! I just started it today! We just started holidays yesterday!
I am up to like page 60-something now!

lol don't be surprised if I have it done within the next 2 days :D
Kate4Tanus

Postby Ems » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Ada wrote:

^Lucky you Ems - How did you learn of Wilbur's visit? It's not on his Web site (or wasn't when I last looked). It is rather strange that we've received it prior to his current 'home' country (UK)!

There's no mention of any visit to Australia yet. I don't watch much TV and we don't buy newspapers very often so I'm hoping one of our Aussie members will post something on this Forum if they read somewhere that he's visiting us.

I found out by accident, my Grandmother was looking for a book in our book shop and I was bored and got chatting to the manager about the release date of Wilbur Smith's book, he mentioned that Wilbur Smith was going to be there on Easter Saturday, my Grandmother popped in today to double check and he is going to be there, I will be taking my camera. :wink:
Ems

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:49 pm

Ems wrote:I found out by accident, my Grandmother was looking for a book in our book shop and I was bored and got chatting to the manager about the release date of Wilbur Smith's book, he mentioned that Wilbur Smith was going to be there on Easter Saturday, my Grandmother popped in today to double check and he is going to be there, I will be taking my camera. :wink:

Oh my goodness where is this?!
Kate4Tanus

Postby Ada » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:31 am

It's in England Kate, and bloody hell, how lucky was Ems to find out like that. I'd be spewing if I found out later WS had been to a book shop near me and I didn't know about it. I haven't bought the hardback as previously stated elsewhere on this Forum because I collect the paperbacks. However I've now decided that if he comes to Melbourne, I'll be going to where ever he does a book signing and buy a hard back to have it signed by him. It will definitely be a "Collectors' Item" :)

How's your reading going. I'm now up to page 142 and loving it. :D It's quite different from anything else he has written and I can't wait to discuss it with every one when we've all finished it.
Ada
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Elephant to Hollywood

Next

Return to The Egyptians