The Quest

Discussion about Wilbur Smith's Egyptian series.

The Quest

Postby leakona » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:46 am

Hi, Never done this before so i dont really know how this all works :oops: !! But i have a question. I have just finnished reading 'The Quest', and i was wondering if anyone knows if there is going to be a follow up book to this??
leakona

Postby Nefer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 am

Hi and welcome leakona!

As of right now, I don't think even WS know if he's planning a follow up! :)

Feel free to indulge yourself speculating though - we have 2 spoiler threads going right now!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Egyptian Eyes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:24 am

I have pretty much delved deeper into the quest. I had to put it on hold for a while because the parental units came for a visit. But now, I have alread read about 1/3 of the book.
WS's novels are so good, that you can zip really fast through them. It was the same case when i read the former 2 Egyptian novels.

I want to make some comments and ask q's, but firstly I would appreciate it if someone would enlighten me on how to do that black-&-white text effect thingy for the spoilers. Since everyone here has been considerate enough not to spoil anything, i'd like to do the same.

The quest is addicting! i can hardly put it down, and find myself eager to see what happens next. though it is a bit different from the last 2 novels due to the involvement of fantasy, it also seems to be tied up closer to river god than warlock was. well, warlock was obviously a follow-up to river god, but the quest seems more intertwined since it links many of the present events with those that happened in RG.

And call me dense, but i did not realise that Lostris loved Taita back. of course i knew Taita loved her, but i thought it was unrequited. I guess i shoulda realised this, being a female, but oh well... :?:

ADDED: I am sure this may sound strange to some of you but I feel so enamoured with Nefer. He was such a brave and strong hottie in Warlock and is even more so in the quest, even though his role has been somewhat reduced. Not only is he handsome, but as WS wrote, he is not afraid to display his affection for his wife. Wowwww.... "i heart nefie" indeed! :lol:
And when i first read RG, long before Warlock came out, i was head over heels w/ Mem. Aren't i the weirdest?
Sometimes, we get through adversity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true.
~Arthur Golden, 'Memoirs of a Geisha'
Egyptian Eyes

Postby delby » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:32 am

Just highlight the text you want hidden and click the spoiler box in the top right above the text box :wink: happy spoilering
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby i_heart_nefie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Wowwww.... "i heart nefie" indeed! Laughing

hahahaha! YES!!!!!!!!!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Egyptian Eyes » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:39 am

Ah yes. i got it. thank you, delby.

And yes, i_heart_nefie... nefer is LURVE. :D

So was Memnon... and...
[spoiler]I was really really devastated when memnon was killed off straightaway in Warlock. So sad! at least his son proved to be as droolworthy as his dad, although it took me a while to get used to imagining Nefer as an adult since the book commences with him as a child. and he continues to be a child for a long span of the novel's time.
But in the quest, he is mature, masculine through and through, no doubt. *drools*[/spoiler]
Sometimes, we get through adversity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true.
~Arthur Golden, 'Memoirs of a Geisha'
Egyptian Eyes

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri May 04, 2007 4:05 am

sweet, sweet Nefie... he is possibly the best Pharaoh ever!! I think that's definitely one of the reasons I liked the Quest!
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Chaos » Sat May 05, 2007 3:45 pm

man I'v only read the 3 books once each, right now I have english exams and I have novels to read for that so thats holding me back from re-reading them :cry:

Classics
Chaos

Return to The Egyptians