Summer Movies!! May contain SPOILERS!

Postby Bee » Sat May 12, 2007 11:44 am

:lol: I'm sure she'll read this forum and find out about it. It was quite an interesting experience.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby Matbow » Thu May 24, 2007 6:10 pm

I saw Spiderman 3 a few weeks ago and wasn't overly impressed. Too much happening IMHO; they should have kept the plot simpe and only had one main baddie, not 3!

The movie I'm looking forward to is Transformers - the trailers look great, I hope it lives upto them!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eduwcuq1Exg
“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.”

Forum Rules|Wilbur Smith FAQ|
Matbow
Webmaster
Webmaster

Currently Reading: Desert God

Postby Rivaan » Thu May 24, 2007 8:02 pm

You weren't impressed? I liked it quite a fair bit :D I think it was better than 2. There were some scenes that were SO satisfying to watch!

[spoiler]Seeing Harry and Peter fighting alongside one another!

Seeing "dark Peter" do some of the things you wished Peter had done!

Venom.. the whole thing with Venom. I thought Topher Grace played the part well, too!
[/spoiler]

I can't wait for Spiderman 4!

As for Transformers, I am gonna reserve judgement and hope on that one until I have seen it. I don't wanna be really hyped and then disappointed!
Last edited by Rivaan on Wed May 30, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom, and the unknown.
Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one
is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable.
The man who bows in that final direction is either a saint or a fool. I have no use for either.
- Yama, Lord of Light
Rivaan

Postby delby » Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 am

I love spidey 3 too yes the plot twisted around a bit but my five year old understood it so it wasnt that hard to keep up

only one thing disappointed me

[spoiler]why did harry have to die it was magnificent to see him and pete fight as a team [/spoiler]
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby Monsoon » Fri May 25, 2007 3:34 pm

The movie I'm looking forward to is Transformers - the trailers look great, I hope it lives upto them!

Does look interesting, not at all what i would have expected.
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Currently Reading: Tower Lord

Postby John R » Sat May 26, 2007 11:28 am

TRANSFORMERS! ROBOTS IN DISCUISE!!

i remember the cartoon well!! :D
John R
Founder Member

Currently Reading: A Time To Die

Postby Nefer » Sat May 26, 2007 7:27 pm

I saw Pirates 3, and by far and large, the best of the trilogy.

The start was a little slow, and Tia Dalma was hard to understand sometimes, and the new pirate, Fang (?) was also not the best speaker, :lol: I wasn't expecting much from the story, but was pleasantly surprised. Acting from the whole cast was superb (Orlando included, as he can be annoying sometimes!)

Definitely a go-see for this summer :)
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Sun May 27, 2007 1:13 pm

I saw Pirates 3 as well... I thought it was an ok/good movie. Lots of story lines mixed together and it can get confusing at some points. But I would recommend going to see the movie in the theatres.
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 am

OMG I SAW PIRATES 3......................

I thought it was awesome and I loved it and all the cool twists in the plot that I never saw coming were so great but sad and I am babbling again!!! IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!

[spoiler]when will was killed oh my god I didn't know that was gonna happen!! My friend, who is a major orlando fan, and I were sobbing quietly!!!!!!!!!!!! And when Norrington (or as I like to call him, Nozzy) died, I was so sad!!!!!! I love Nozzy!!! There were so many great plot twists and stuff, and shirtless....many shirtless Jacks and how cool was Keith Richards as a pirate!!!!!????? Sorry I am babbling again. Anyway, I loved it very much!!![/spoiler]
"I would very much like to come hunting with you please...." - Little Mem
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Location: On board the 'Sprite' with the Courtneys, or QLD, AUS
Currently Reading: The Sunbird

Postby Nefer » Wed May 30, 2007 7:16 pm

I knew you would like it!!

I didn't cry at the scene you mentioned, but I was shocked! Did you stay till after the credits? I totally forgot to mention that in my review - there was a little Orlando extension, with possibly the hottest scene of his existence as a pirate ever!
"If I ever ask anything of you it would be to please consider life with an open mind and respect the opinions and wishes of others as long as they bring no harm to you and as long as you bring no harm or corruption to others."
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Kate4Tanus » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:37 pm

i_heart_nefie wrote:OMG I SAW PIRATES 3......................

I thought it was awesome and I loved it and all the cool twists in the plot that I never saw coming were so great but sad and I am babbling again!!! IT WAS SO COOL!!!!!

[spoiler]when will was killed oh my god I didn't know that was gonna happen!! My friend, who is a major orlando fan, and I were sobbing quietly!!!!!!!!!!!! And when Norrington (or as I like to call him, Nozzy) died, I was so sad!!!!!! I love Nozzy!!! There were so many great plot twists and stuff, and shirtless....many shirtless Jacks and how cool was Keith Richards as a pirate!!!!!????? Sorry I am babbling again. Anyway, I loved it very much!!![/spoiler]

I just saw it last night (ok, i_heart_nefie you were with me so you already know) and I LOVED it! I liked it better than the 2nd one! Ok, it's my turn to babble!!!!!

[spoiler]NORRINGTON!!!!!!! *sobs* ok, I cried when he died! sue me! argh I loved him so much! Damn you Bootstrap Bill! Anyway, I really loved the movie because of all the twists - and finding out all of the things that kept us guessing in the second film - like the heart pendant of Davy Jones' (and Tia Dalma) and Jack's amulet thing on his bandana. Keith Richards was so great as Papa Jack! They were so funny. And although I knew that Will wouldn't die (thanks for that Em and Kaila) but I had my hand clasped over my mouth when he was all dead like that. Then I 'Ohhhhhh'ed when I realised what they were going to do. And DAMN did he look FINE as the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. Whooo that bandana was HOT (and I normally don't like Orlando) And that was a really hot scar. (how fast did it heal?!).[/spoiler]

Anyway, that is the end of my garbled review.

Nefer wrote:Did you stay till after the credits? I totally forgot to mention that in my review - there was a little Orlando extension, with possibly the hottest scene of his existence as a pirate ever!

We stayed! I LOVED that so much! DAMN was he the hottest he has ever been *flails* [spoiler]I thought it was so sweet!! And funnily enough they didn't look as if they had aged 10 years! LOL[/spoiler]
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby i_heart_nefie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:13 am

I knew you would like it!!

I didn't cry at the scene you mentioned, but I was shocked! Did you stay till after the credits? I totally forgot to mention that in my review - there was a little Orlando extension, with possibly the hottest scene of his existence as a pirate ever!

Awww I love Lil' Will!!!! I already named him! DAMN WILL IS FINE!!!!

KATE MY HEART, THE BANDANNA MADE ME SQUEE LIKE THE LITTLE GIRL I AM..... lol

I love your babble :)

So the point of the previous 5 or so posts is that everyone should see Pirates......now.....I'VE ALREADY SEEN IT TWICE!!!
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Monsoon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:11 am

I think some of you girls would go for ANY bloke as long as he was wearing a wig with make-up on :lol:
While a tiger eyed its prey and an eagle raged in a thunderous sky a river of darkness fell upon a burning sun and the wolf cried tis a time to die, thus did the angels weep as power and triumph in those golden eyes did creep.

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Nefer » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:33 pm

And looks remarkably like Orlando Bloom... :mrgreen: Then yes, you're right, we would go for him!!
~ Jason Mraz
Nefer
Geek in the Pink
Geek in the Pink

Postby Bee » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Jealous Monsoon? :D :razz:
Bee
Founder Member

Postby i_heart_nefie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 am

hahaha not just ANY bloke.....Nefer's right...lol

I like them coz they are great actors.......did that fool anyone?? I don't even believe myself...:)
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

Postby Monsoon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 pm

Bee wrote:Jealous Monsoon? :D :razz:

Very much so :cry:
No matter how much mascara i put on with a nice dark wig to match, i could never possibly look like Johnny Depp.....as Willy Wonka! And thank god for that \:D/

Monsoon
Founder Member

Postby Kate4Tanus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:54 am

i_heart_nefie wrote:I like them coz they are great actors.......did that fool anyone?? I don't even believe myself...:)

Nope, I don't think you are fooling anyone with that line Em sweetie :D
Good try though :D
'You were ever more than a tutor to me,' Memnon answered softly. 'You where the father I never knew.'
Kate4Tanus

Postby delby » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am

Monsoon wrote:I think some of you girls would go for ANY bloke as long as he was wearing a wig with make-up on :lol:

no just orlando and johnny coz they so fine anyway the make up and wigs just enhance it
WILLIE SMITH IS KING
delby
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Currently Reading: The Slave Stealer By Boyd Upchurch

Postby i_heart_nefie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:28 pm

no just orlando and johnny coz they so fine anyway the make up and wigs just enhance it

That pretty much sums it up!!!!

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC:

Transformers!!!!! I am excited...mainly because Amaury Nolasco from Prison Break is in it!!!! I reckon it'll be a great movie
i_heart_nefie
Little Miss Vixen
Little Miss Vixen

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV